Gomocup AI Templates
Start your own Gomoku programs using any of following Gomocup AI template, it helps you to communicate with the Gomocup interface easily.
Base of brain in C# (5KB) – The technical core of a brain for the new protocol, written in C# by Petr Lastovicka.
Base of brain in C++ (5KB) – The technical core of a brain for the new protocol, written in C++ by Petr Lastovicka.
Base of brain in Delphi (5KB) – The technical core of a brain for the new protocol, written in Delphi by Petr Lastovicka.
Base of brain in Python – The technical core of a brain for the new protocol, written in Python by Jan Stransky.
Brains for new protocol (320KB) – Dolores and Random brain for new protocol, including source code.
Download Gomoku programs included source code
- Carbon Gomoku is an open-source Gomoku program written by Michał Czardybon. There is a strong artificial intelligence algorithm (evaluation function, mini-max with cut offs, alpha-beta, transposition table, situation signatures, candidate generating). Documented in author’s native language (Polish). The AI algorithm was one of the strongest as for 2002 and it’s reasonable even now. (Recommended)
- Chis – A gomoku engine for Gomocup made by Peiming Zheng. C++ source code under Mozilla Public License can be downloaded from Github. (Recommended)
- Pela – A gomoku engine for Gomocup made by Petr Laštovička. C++ source code under GNU General Public License can be downloaded from Sourceforge. Together with Piskvork by Petr Laštovička. See source code of Piskvork Gomocup Manager. (Recommended)
- Wine – A gomoku engine for Gomocup made by Jinjie Wang. C++ source code can be downloaded from Github. (Recommended)
- XL engine (alias Niren) is a renju program, originally designed by Chengtao Chen. It can only play renju on 15×15 board. It is released under the conditions of the GNU General Public License. (Recommended)
- Piskvorky s vitezem (340 KB) Play against the Microsoft gomoku tournament winner in 2003. It is older version of Pela which was converted from C++ to C#.
- Stahlfaust Gomoku is an AI player for the standard Gomoku game. It uses alpha-beta search, threat tree dbsearch and defensive search. However, it’s not very fast. The game was developed as term project for the Artificial Intelligence course of Professor Zhang Liqing at the Shanghai Jiaotong University by Marco Kunze and Sebastian Nowozin. It is released under the conditions of the GNU General Public License.
- PiskASM (10 KB) Gomoku program written in Turbo Assembler for 8086 with source code by V. Havranek.
- XGomoku(40KB) – for Palm (Shareware).
- JGOMOKU as svn on Google Code in Java.
- Gomoku.app is for Linux and Mac written in C by Nicola Pero
- Cute Gomoku by Koichi Kawamura written in C++ with Qt4 (GPL)
Documents how to program Gomoku program
Genetical Algorithms – Senet Game (in Czech)
Tools for Gomocup Developers
Genemix (330KB) – V. Havranek’s framework for genetic optimisation of your program. Together with batch running option of P. Lastovicka’s manager, you can use it to improve your artificial intelligence.
Visual Hewer (440KB) – Interesting tool for analysing the game tree and the brains by Tom Kubes.